Tuesday, April 3, 2012

How to pass IEEE PDF eXpress Site

In my first submission I followed the instructions here and everything was wonderful, but one week later I had to update the paper, I 

added a line and did the same procedure but it failed! I got the following error:

"miktex gpl ghostscript 8.60 unrecoverable error exit code 1"

Then I tried the same procedure again with the first file which successfully passed my first pdfexpress trial, but it also gave the 

same error. I tried with different computers but failed. I updated mixtex to 2.9 but again failed. Later I solved the problem with the 

following procedure:

I did not have GhostScript in my computer so downloaded it from

http://mirror.cs.wisc.edu/pub/mirrors/ghost/GPL/gs900/gs900w32.exe

and GhostView from 

http://pages.cs.wisc.edu/~ghost/gsview/index.htm

I formed my .ps file as usual (either described in this page or directly from latex "dvi to ps" button), opened my ps file with 

GhostView and did the same settings given in the last line of the solution offered in this page (the line starting with ps2pdf) as 

follows:

1- Open your ps file with GSView. 
2- From GSView "File" menu select "Convert". 
3- A dialog box will open. Select "pdfwrite" from left of the box. At the right there is a "Properties" button, select it and do the 

following settings:

Set "CompatibilityLevel" to 1.4
Set "PDFSETTINGS" to /prepress
Set "EmbedAllFonts" to true
(I also set "SubsetFonts" to true, but I don't know if it is necessary).

4- Click OK and save your file. And at last it absolutely passes the pdfexpress!







No comments:

Post a Comment